Jeanene at Got My Book blog has a Bloggiesta Mini-challenge to “Increase Readership & Engagement with a Wrap-up Post.” I’ve never done one before, so I decided to give it a try.
Links to posts published this week:
This week has been a busy one, although I didn’t review any books. Instead, I
- Found some inspirational music to write to by Laura Gibson
- Discussed how author J. A. Jance had a brush with a serial killer in real life
- Participated in Bloggiesta (to-do list and mini-challenge) Bloggiesta is a great way to tip you out of your blogging rut/comfort zone.
- Tips for editing manuscripts based on a workshop I attended yesterday
- Review of a thriller Duet in Beirut
I am currently reading some nonfiction books as research for my upcoming NaNo writing project. I’m also hosting the Writer’s Studio this week, so I have out some of my favorite books about the craft of writing, such as Natalie Goldberg’s Writing Down the Bones, and Stephen King’s On Writing. For fun, I have Sue Grafton’s T is for Trespass (Yes, I’m behind).
Links to posts have read and enjoyed on other sites:
Mocha Girls Read has a great list of thrillers/suspense/mysteries to check out.
Oh, just found a list of new books coming out in all the different subgenres of suspense at View for My Books Blog.
Wow, writing a wrap-up was actually fun. Jeanene suggests copying a template and starting the post at the beginning of the week, filling in links as you go. That sounds like a great idea!
She also suggests sharing your wrap-up post with a meme. Today I chose: