Time to start the discussion of our next novel from The Bestseller Code 100 list, The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold.
This post does not contain spoilers.
The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
(*Amazon Affiliate link)
Summary: Fourteen-year-old Susie Salmon watches from heaven as events unfold after her rape and murder.
Published in 2002, this is one of the older books on our challenge list. It is Alice Sebolt’s debut novel, although she had already published a memoir, Lucky. It won a Bram Stoker award and was made into a movie.
Have you read The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold? We’d love to hear your thoughts.
- Book-beginnings, a discussion of the first line of the novel
- Karen’s review from a reader’s perspective
- Roberta’s review from a writer’s perspective
You can also join us on social media:
- The Bestseller Code 100 Pinterest Page
- Twitter: #BestsellerCode100
- Facebook: Bestseller Code 100 Reading Group
- The full list is now posted on GoodReads
What are we reading next?
If you ever have questions about what we are reading next or when we’re starting the next discussion, check the 100 Book List tab in the navigation bar at the top of the blog. Links in the list go to the landing page from this blog where the discussion starts. However, this is an open-ended challenge so feel free to jump in with any of the books at any time.
The next book is number 65. Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline (2013) – Discussion begins March 5, 2018